Nominations for the 2017 Healthy Skin Awards are now open.
The Foundation's annual Healthy Skin Awards are presented to individuals and organisations who strive for excellence in the promotion of skin health and/or the provision of skin health services.
To enter the awards download the Healthy Skin Awards Information and Entry Form
The Awards ultimately acknowledge and recognise individuals and organisations throughout Australia who support and encourage ‘best practice’ of skin health.
Winners of the 2016 Healthy Skin Award were:
- Johanna Young, Solbari
- Community Chef
- Melbourne United
- King & Wood Mallesons; and
- Macquarie Life
More information on the 2016 winners, their photos and their Awards is available here.
2017 Awards Presentation
The 2017 Healthy Skin Awards will be announced on Thursday, 25 May 2017 at the Foundation's exclusive Healthy Skin Awards' Evening held at the Australian Centre for Contemporary Art (ACCA) in Melbourne.
Individuals and organisations recognised through these awards will celebrate with government, business and community leaders, major sponsors, friends and supporters, as well as leading dermatologists and other medical practitioners.
Entry is free.
The Awards are open to any person or organisation regardless of industry sector, nature of business* or size, and include:
- Government departments and agencies;
- Not-for-Profits and charitable institutions;
- Industry associations and professional bodies;
- Education institutions including schools, universities and TAFE Colleges; and
* Individuals and organisations whose primary business is skin health promotion or skin cancer prevention, or individuals or businesses that receive income from the sales of skin health or sunscreen products are not eligible to apply. Applications from these individuals or organisations will not be considered unless they apply as an individual or an employer providing skin health services, awareness programs or activities for their staff.
The following criteria will be considered in the judging process for the 2017 Healthy Skin Awards:
- Demonstrated commitment to educating their workforce (including employees, volunteers and contractors), members or the broader community, through delivery of skin health programs, education or other media; and/or
- Successful outcomes associated with the promotion of the importance of skin health.
Individuals and organisations implementing multiple initiatives, with consistent commitment over time, will be well-regarded.
Examples of the types of initiatives that will be recognised by the Awards include:
- Promoting good skin health to employees through the
- provision of skin health services, such as skin checks, protective clothing and/or
- awareness and promotional/educational programs.
- Promoting good skin health to the community through awareness campaigns, material, funding, or other support designed to improve skin health;
- Taking proactive steps to promote positive skin health outcomes;
- Reporting and promoting skin health to the wider community.
The Healthy Skin Awards are always judged by a panel of eminent Australians. The members of the 2016 judging panel were:
Associate Professor Rosemary Nixon
Director, Occupational Dermatology Education & Research Centre
Associate Professor Greg Goodman
Director, Dermatology Institute of Victoria
Professor Ingrid Winship
Professor of Adult Clinical Genetics, The University of Melbourne,
Director of Research, Melbourne Health
Roger Powell FAMI CPM
Director of the AMI National Board
Entries are now open and close on Friday, 14 April 2017.
Winners will be notified in confidence on Monday, 1 May 2017 and presented with their Award at the Awards night on Thursday, 25 May 2017 at the 2017 Healthy Skin Awards evening.
Information Pack and Entry Form
The 2017 Healthy Skin Awards Information Pack and Entry Form is available to download here.
For any other questions related to the Healthy Skin Awards, please contact
Healthy Skin Awards
Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc
Level 1, 80 Drummond St
Carlton VIC 3053
t: (03) 9623 9400
We would like to thank the following sponsors of the 2016 Healthy Skin Awards. The Awards would not be possible without their support.