This workshop has now sold out.
If you want to be placed on the waiting list, just click here - make sure you provide your name and contact number. Thanks.
INFLAMMATORY SKIN DISEASES WORKSHOP
SATURDAY, 9 SEPTEMBER 2017
A one-day interactive workshop for GPs to review their skills in the examination, diagnosis and management of inflammatory disorders commonly seen in general practice.
Developed and presented by specialist Dermatologists for GPs and GP registrars. Coordinated and facilitated by Associate Professor Alvin Chong, Consultant Dermatologist and Senior Lecturer in Dermatology at the University of Melbourne. A/Prof Chong is also Victorian Censor for the Australasian College of Dermatologists.
This workshop is highly interactive and combines lectures with small group discussions and ‘live-patient’ case scenarios. It will provide you with increased confidence in:
- Developing an outlined clinical approach to identifying common inflammatory skin conditions and their differential diagnosis
- Identifying potential errors in diagnosis and how to avoid these
- Choosing appropriate investigations/biopsies useful for confirming disease
- Formulating/outlining appropriate management plans
- Identifying potential complications from prolonged topical steroid use and how to avoid these
- Implement appropriate resources to support patients with significant and debilitating inflammatory skin conditions, and
- Knowing when to refer for specialist care.
Diseases and topics covered will include:
- Eczema and psoriasis
- Acne and rosacea
- Alopecia areata and vitiligo
- Lichen planus and other inflammatory diseases
- Principles of topical therapy.
(A copy of the day's Agenda can be seen here. A copy of the Workshop's info sheet can be downloaded here - to share with your colleagues.)
Registrations for our workshops are restricted to ensure small group discussions and close interaction with our dermatologists. Numbers will therefore be limited, and tickets are sold on a "first in, best served" basis.
RACGP QI&CPD Program
This activity has been approved by the RACGP QI&CPD Program in the 2017 – 19 triennium for 40 Category 1 points - (Activity: 96735).
Please make sure you enter your RACGP number when booking.
This activity has been acredited by the ACRRM for 30PRPD points.
ACRRM ID: 9203
Class name: Inflammatory Skin Diseases GP Workshop - Carlton - 02/09/2017
Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc, Level 1, 80 Drummond Street, Carlton VIC 3053
- $300 incl. GST for GPs
- $260 incl. GST for registrars or medical students
Cancellation terms: If your cancellation is received on or before Friday, 25 August we will refund the registration fee, less $50 for the cost of administration. There will be no refund for any cancellation received after that date.